☆∞Bellas☮ ♥Shelf∞☆'s Reviews > Where There's A Will

Where There's A Will by Karen Kelley

Sep 20, 12

bookshelves: romance-erotic, sourcebook-pr, angels-paranorm
Read in September, 2012

I enjoyed this story. The author had just the right mix of sweet and sensual to keep it romantic and not raunchy. I enjoyed Haley's character transformation, but at times she was irritating. I got a tad annoyed with the “I am so ugly and worthless” song and dance. When it’s made obvious the MC is NOT ugly I do not want to read her bemoaning her ugliness non stop.

Haley has the self worth of a flea about to be squashed. A lifetime of self esteem beat downs, and being compared to a fairer, younger, sister took a huge toll on her. She is surrounded by well meaning, but misguided loved ones. There is even a pretty but totally nasty “frenemy” to round out the cast in this story.

Ryder confused me as well, his “crew” of 3 fellow Nephilim’s do NOT act as promiscuous as he does. To risk near immortality to get nookie from mortals was a head scratcher. His character starts out a certain way and it was nice to see where he ended up too. The author redeemed him in my eyes.

To sum it up there is a lot of sex: romantic and erotic. Valuable lessons learned by Haley, her family and friends. Ryder's transformation added that extra "oomph" to push the story from fair to good. The story is not one of those deep life changers, but it’s a good way to wile away a lazy afternoon. As far as romance/erotica stories go this one was more than decent. I was happy with the ending. It was totally romantic, expected but unexpected, and satisfying. I am hoping there will be another story with Ryder’s 3 Nephilim cohorts. They play good role in this story and it’s ending.

Its a typical story of its kind and yet it had a lil something xtra that made it pop. I will say str8 out I was not overly enthralled with it and considered putting it down a few times. The world and character building were fine, the author is creative as well, its just that when it comes to paranormal/romance type tales it takes a lot to keep me interested. Very few are my type so dont take my word for it :)

*Thank you to Sourcebooks Casablanca for the chance to R&R this arc. No money/prizes were exchanged for my honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where There's A Will.