Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda's Reviews > The Mighty Storm

The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle

Aug 26, 12

Read on August 26, 2012

This is one of the reasons I love to read. I love to get sucked into a story, love to put myself in a heroine's position, go thru the emotions of said heroine and come out with a HEA. Especially if the hero is from a childhood/teenage crush.

Trudy Bennett is given the opportunity to interview Jake Wethers, lead singer to The Mighty Storm, her former BF and childhood crush. She works as a columnist for a magazine in the UK where she and Jake were once neighbors until he moved to the US. Jake Wethers has come out of rehab after spiraling out of control due to drugs and if you really think about it, the death of his great friend/bandmate Jonny. She is completely nervous about seeing him again after 12 years thinking he might not remember her but in Meet Jake, we know he has never forgotten Tru. After interview he asks her out for dinner for a trip down memory lane.

What I loved about this is how easily they pick up after so many years apart. The reminiscing, flirting and the slight bantering. Tru starts feeling bad because she knows the love for Jake has never really left while she's with her boyfriend Will. The next day when she goes back to work she learns that she's been requested to write Jake's bio. She will have to go on tour with The Mighty Storm in Europe and the US. She takes this opportunity and from this love blossoms, jealousy rears it's head, heartbreak is a given and everything that entails with the lifestyle...drugs, sex and rock-n-roll. And the visuals I got from Jake and his "snake"...Good God Almighty! I love my imagination.

I will say this. There is a part in the book that deals with Jake's addiction to drugs that was an emotional rollercoaster. Very heartbreaking.

Favorite moments/lines:

The first concert after Jonny's death and the tribute they give him. *tear*

"And that's why I prefer to dance in the bedroom."

"It's always been you, Tru. Always."

"You look beautiful," he says.
"And you look like an idiot, get up, I say, suppressing the huge smile I feel.

"You. Then, and now. How beautiful you were back then, and how even more beautiful you are now. How I wish I'd seen you through all those years, and how I'm counting myself as one lucky bastard that I got a second chance to have you in my life...and that you're crazy enough to be mine."

At the end of the story there's a part called Meet Jake...Chapter One-The Hotel, where we get his POV. Now with this I would love to get the rest of his POV. Aaaaand hopefully more on Tru and Jake.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mighty Storm.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Trish <3 your review!!!

=^☺^=mskitty Ok Amanda, I'm starting this tonight!

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda Trish wrote: "<3 your review!!!"

Thanks Trish!

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda =^☺^=mskitty wrote: "Ok Amanda, I'm starting this tonight!"

Happy Reading and can't wait to see what you think about it.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review Amanda :)

message 6: by Brittni (new) - added it

Brittni Good Review Hunni!! Now I want to read this good =)

Janna ~Cheyenne~ I'm a book whore Im adding it to my must read list you have never steered me wrong yet ma'am

message 8: by Brittni (new) - added it

Brittni Lol I meant "Book"

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda Blacky wrote: "Great review Amanda :)"

Thanks!

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda Janna wrote: "Im adding it to my must read list you have never steered me wrong yet ma'am"

You will not be disappointed.

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda Brittni wrote: "Lol I meant "Book""

Thanks B! And I knew what ya meant.

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee Great review Amanda ☺

Taryn at My Secret Romance Great review, Amanda! I don't know if this book is for me, but I love your review!

=^☺^=mskitty Oh this book is for EVERYONE!!!!! It does have a HEA...at the very end lol!

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Great review, Amanda! I don't know if this book is for me, but I love your review!"

yeah don't know if this is for you taryn. there's no whips and chains. ;)

Taryn at My Secret Romance No whips and chains? No good. Is there a flogger at least...a few smacks?

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "No whips and chains? No good. Is there a flogger at least...a few smacks?"

Ba! Nope. None of the above. Maybe in the second book that will be coming out next year. I should leave the author a message and request for a "scene".

=^☺^=mskitty I think he does smack her on the butt once LMAO!

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda =^☺^=mskitty wrote: "I think he does smack her on the butt once LMAO!"

oh snap! gonna have to do a reread to read that part.