Discoverylover's Reviews > The Friday Night Knitting Club

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

Re-read it the other day and really enjoyed it - I've just learned how to knit and it was nice knowing what they were talking about this time round. I'm determined to make one of the afghans made at the end of the book now!

I saw this book in a second hand book shop, and knowing it was on my wish list figured I would get it for my Step mum for Christmas, and just read it before giving it to her!

It had a bit of a slow start, but once you get into it, it just gets harder and harder to put down! Great characters, interesting dilemma's, and an ending that I did not see coming, I wasn't even sure where it was going to end!

"Once a week, an eclectic group of women comes together at a New York yarn shop to work on their latest projects - and share the stories of their lives...

At the center of Walker and Daughter is the shop's owner, Georgia, who is overwhelmed with juggling the store and single-handedly raising her teenage daughter. Happy to escape the demands of her life, she looks forward to her Friday Night Knitting Club, where she and her friends- Anita, Peri, Darwin, Lucie, and K.C. - exchange knitting tips, jokes, and their deepest secret. But when the man who once broke Georgia's heart suddenly shows up, demanding a role in their daughter's life, her world is shattered.

Luckily, Georgia's friends are there for encouragement, sharing their own tales of intimacy, heartbreak, and miracle making. And when the unthinkable happens, these women will discover that what they've created isn't just a knitting club: it's a sisterhood."

This blurb isn't quite right imo, but I thoroughly recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Friday Night Knitting Club.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Wendy I printed out the pattern for the afghan and hope to make one one day too, need to buy the right needles first.

Discoverylover Wendy wrote: "I printed out the pattern for the afghan and hope to make one one day too, need to buy the right needles first."

oh cool!

Wendy I read the 2nd book recently and my mum is buying the new one "Knit the season" soon so I'll read her copy.

Discoverylover oh I didn't realise she'd written another one! I'll have to add it to my wishlist :D

Are you on ravelry?

Wendy ravelry?

Discoverylover http://www.ravelry.com/ - it's a knitting/crocheting community - has lots of cool stuff like patterns, yarn etc - and you can use it to find your closest yarn store!

Wendy Discoverylover wrote: "http://www.ravelry.com/ - it's a knitting/crocheting community - has lots of cool stuff like patterns, yarn etc - and you can use it to find your closest yarn store!"

Just joined and found you :)

Discoverylover LOL ok! Yay I'll have 2 friends now!