Beth's Reviews > Tigers in Red Weather

Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussmann

Aug 26, 12

Read in August, 2012

This was an interesting one. The book follows two cousins from the end of WWII through the 1960's and is told in multiple chapters-long chunks from the vantage point of each of the cousins, one of their husbands and their children. While it was a bit slow to start for me, I became more engaged the further I got into the story (and the further the story got away from the 1940's). One of the strengths of the book is the author's choice to tell the story from the different viewpoints of the characters. Klausmann clarifies things that happened years ago and were originally told from the vantage point on one character by having a different character pick up the thread later in the story. All of the typcial themes are there--love, trust, fidelity/infidelity, family. There is a deeply creepy strain that only reveals itself very slowly that seems a bit disjointed from the rest of the narrative. But it had the interesteing effect at the end of making me rethink the story from the beginning.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tigers in Red Weather.