Jess Schira's Reviews > More Than Words

More Than Words by Karla Doyle

Dec 01, 13

bookshelves: 2012-challenge, 2013-challenge
Read in December, 2013

I originally learned about Karla Doyle and her recently released novel, More Than Words when I started participating in the Six Sentence Sunday blog hop. For some reason, the six sentence snippets she posted each Sunday captured my interest and made me very impatient to read the novel in its entirety.

I’ll admit that one of the reason More Than Words caught my attention has to do with the fact that I’ve been in a rocker kind of mood right now, and the fact that Travis plays guitar suits my current mood. Rough, smart, tattooed, and sexy. Perfect I like the fact that Karla Doyle chose to not just turn Travis into a stud, she smoothly added some great character flaws, which not only made Travis interesting, but also made him downright loveable.

The character of Callie was damaged, a little repressed, and made a very nice foil for Travis. Karla Doyle did a really nice job of creating a complete character arc with Callie.

When I read Game Plan, there were sections where the story seemed to lag, the opposite was true when I read More Than Words. In this books, I found a couple of spots where I wished the author would have elaborated a bit and gone into the characters just a bit deeper.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this book. It’s a fast and enjoyable read that I think fans of romance novels will enjoy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Than Words.