Michele's Reviews > The Tales of Beedle the Bard

The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling

Dec 13, 08

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy, my-personal-library
Read in December, 2008

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, mentioned in the final Harry Potter novel Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, is a collection of five stories for young magical children, much like the fairy tales we Muggles tell our own children. Translated by Hermione Granger, The Tales also include commentary and notations by Albus Dumbledore, which were found among his effects after his untimely death.

Let's be honest: what is there to criticize? It's another piece of the Harry Potter phenomenon that will appeal to any fan of the series. Children who are Harry Potter fans will likely enjoy the Beedle Bard's tales, while adults will find the Dumbledore's notations more interesting.

For anyone who has collected the Harry Potter series, I would recommend this volume if for no other reason than to round out your collection.

If you're not a collector of the books, this little "extra" is not going to enhance the series or provide any additional insight into Harry.

If you've never read the Harry Potter series (is there anyone left out there?), then I honestly cannot think of any reason you might want to pick up this book.

Me? I'm a Harry Potter collector, so this book was a must-have for me!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tales of Beedle the Bard.