Alea's Reviews > Kisses and Lies

Kisses and Lies by Lauren Henderson

Feb 15, 09

bookshelves: read-for-review
Read in February, 2009

A Warning: Don't read this book unless you have read Kiss Me Kill Me, the prequel! You will be very confused!

Kisses and Lies picked right up where Kiss Me Kill Me left off. There is a small recap from the previous book but not enough in my option to skip the first book. Scarlett and Taylor have become great friends and are determined as ever to solve Dan's murder. In my opinion all the really good stuff happens in this book and Kiss Me Kill Me is just the set-up for all of this to happen! A whole family of new characters of introduced, lengthening the suspect list greatly. Some of the situations are humorous while others are deadly serious, but all the while a great time to read! Also, Scarlett and Jase's relationship starts to blossom, not without its problems.

For me the best part of the book is when Scarlett goes to Scotland and meets Dan's family. Man was a group, and what a castle. You don't know who to trust or where you are safe or if Scarlett is going to be stuck going round and round in circles around the castle before finding the stairs! This was my kind of mystery! It did get a bit wonky towards the ending and I have to admit I sort of guessed who the killer was after a bit, but it was still great fun and I never knew what was going to happen next! The ending of this book is much more satisfying than the first book's ending but it definitely sets it up for a third book. Which in my opinion looks like it could be rather good and hopefully involving a love triangle or two!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kisses and Lies.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Korianne (new)

Korianne I didn't even realize this book was a sequel. Silly me! Good thing you told me otherwise I would have been so confused when I mooched it.

Alea Yes, it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable without reading the first one first :)

Michelle Arrow I finished this novel a few days ago, and I actually happen to disagree with your review. I never read the first Scarlett Wakefield novel, I actually started with the second, and I wasn't confused at all. I usually need clarification, and I would never have finished this novel if I was confused.