Kaje Harper's Reviews > Going for Gold: M/M Olympic Anthology

Sep 04, 12

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: m-m, short-story
Read from September 03 to 04, 2012

This anthology is the first I've participated in. And when it released last Friday I realized something I hadn't taken into account. Suddenly I was nervous not just about my own story, ("Please, let some readers really like it...") but also about a group of other stories over which I had no control at all. ("Pretty please, let the whole collection be worth the purchase!!")

I got my copy Saturday, and I didn't read it right away. I had very good reasons... okay, I wimped out. But last night I finally picked it up. About three pages into the first story, I laughed out loud. And then I relaxed. It was good, it was really good :)

This collection has something for everyone. You'll find young teenage novices and experienced veterans, playboys and first-timers; straining bodies, cold slick ice and sweaty horses. There is humor and drama, sweetness and angst. (I contributed some of the angst - are you surprised?)

Is it perfect? Hell, no. But it's a collection I'm proud to be part of and there are some stories in here I will definitely reread. And that's a relief. I hope other readers enjoy it as much as I have.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going for Gold.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rogier (new)

Rogier sounds fun

message 2: by Kaje (new) - added it

Kaje Harper I am really curious about the other stories in here. I just started, but the first one was cute and funny, so I'm pleased.

message 3: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes I can't wait to read it but I am waiting for it to be available from the Amazon Kindle store. I checked this morning and nothing yet.

message 4: by Kaje (new) - added it

Kaje Harper Mercedes wrote: "I can't wait to read it but I am waiting for it to be available from the Amazon Kindle store. I checked this morning and nothing yet."

It was submitted to Amazon when it released, but they decide how fast it posts and I've found that quite variable. Shouldn't be much longer though.

message 5: by Annabeth (new) - added it

Annabeth Albert It's up on kindle today!

message 6: by Kaje (new) - added it

Kaje Harper Annabeth wrote: "It's up on kindle today!"

Yes it is (Yay!) - Link http://www.amazon.com/Going-For-Gold-...

KindleRomance Reviews I loved your story!!

message 8: by Kaje (new) - added it

Kaje Harper Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "I loved your story!!"

Thank you :) I have a soft spot for gymnasts.