A.D. Trosper's Reviews > The Forever Girl

The Forever Girl by Rebecca  Hamilton

Mar 28, 14

bookshelves: favorites
Read in August, 2012 — I own a copy

Hamilton did a wonderful job of weaving together witches, elementals, vampires, and shape changers. Sophia, is a strong character who struggles with her past and what lurks in her mind. When she starts to find out what is going on and is pulled into a world of non-humans, she handles it well and sets to learning all she can. I enjoyed watching her powers grow.

There is a nice romance mixed into the story and it isn’t one of those love triangles. While I don’t mind that so much, there are lot of stories focusing on that and they have been over done just a bit. So it was nice having just the two people falling in love. And I liked that Charles didn’t turn into a wolf, I’m tired of wolfmen.

I do wish the bird would have been in the story a little more, I think it was a nice little side story that I wouldn’t have minded seeing more of. I also wish there would have been a little more of the Franklin lady. That woman could have added a bit more turmoil to the book.

But, these two things did not stop me from enjoying the story at all. I like how the threads of Sophia’s previous lives intersect with her current life. I thought the way the Ivory story line played out was quite interesting. I was torn between thinking Ivory was incredibly creepy and feeling deeply sorry for her and her twisted thinking.

I found this book an enjoyable read worthy of five stars and it will be one I will read again in the future. I like a good paranormal and I like even better when it puts such a unique spin on the typical denizens of the paranormal world.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forever Girl.