Brandon Zarzyczny's Reviews > The Alloy of Law

The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson

Aug 25, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in November, 2011

Frankly, when I saw that the new Mistborn book was set in a Wild West era, I was a little worried. Still, I'd loved all of Sanderson's other books, so I thought I'd give it a shot, and it turns out that I absolutely loved this book. The action is incredibly fast paced in a similar fashion as the previous books in the series. The coin-shot/allomancy action is incredibly visual, and the addition of gun play only makes it better. I love all of the characters introduced in this book, they feel like real people, although they can sometimes be on the verge of being superheroes from their strong twin-born allomancy. This book is essentially a wild west caper/mystery in a world with a certain set of fantasy rules. Consequentially it is incredibly original, as technology is almost always stagnant in fantasy universes. As for the writing, it's a Brandon Sanderson book, so of course it is superb. In fact, it's almost too good as I couldn't stop reading it, and the amazing book was over way too quickly. I really want another story featuring Wax and Wayne immediately, why does writing and publishing books have to take time? :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alloy of Law.