Tracy's Reviews > Blood Eye

Blood Eye by Giles Kristian

Aug 25, 2012

This was an interesting book. I don't think that I have ever ready any others like this. The time period is very interesting, a bit earlier in European history that I usually read. But the writing definitely takes you back to that time period of the Vikings. Raven, as he is renamed as he comes to join his Viking captors and befriend them. Raven is a youth who is just starting to find himself and define who he is. This really is the start of his story, it give you a good backdrop of who he is as a youth unformed by life's events. You see him struggle to grow up, to define what he believes in and even who he believes. It's not an easy road, and I'm sure in the next books of this series things will get even more difficult.

If you like historical book then you should like this one. The characters are well developed, and while you won't love them all you can picture them in your minds which is one of the things I look for in a good book.

Disclosure: This book was provided to me by the publisher via NetGalley. The rating, review, and all opinions are my own
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Eye.