Richard's Reviews > The Crippled God

4202408
Aug 25, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read in August, 2012

The entire Malazan series was incredible. I thought I would want more after this last book, but I don't. This is because I am completely satisfied with the series. This is from Chapter 24 and it is on page 790 of my version.

"It all passes. All our ways of doing things, seeing things, all these lost ways of living. And yet . . . could I step back into that age, could I stand unseen among these people, I would be no different - no different inside . . . gods, could I explain this, even to myself, I might someday make a claim to wisdom.
Our worlds are so small. They only feel endless because our minds can gather thousands of them all at once. But if we stop moving, if we hold on to one place, if we draw breath and look around . . each one is the same. Barring a few of the details. We think it's all some kind of forward momentum, endless leaving behind and reaching towards [sic] (I think this is a typo and should be "forwards".). But the truth is, wherever we find ourselves - with all its shiny gifts, we do little more than walk in circles."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crippled God.