Vannessa's Reviews > Chosen

Chosen by Sable Grace

Oct 06, 13

bookshelves: kindle-books, edelweiss-books, urban-fantasy, other-urban-fantasy
Read from October 02 to 05, 2013

Am totally loving this series! Chosen starts pretty much after the last book, Bedeviled, finished with Haven being put in prison for her crimes and the rest of the gang taking on their roles as the new gods and goddesses.

Kyana is now the Goddess of the Hunt and Artemis is still teaching to use her new powers and slowly Kyana is able to manage these with increasing progress. However, Cronos is back and coming back with a vengeance and Kyana, Ryker, Geoff, Silas and Haven must do everything they can to stop him, even if that means trusting Haven not to give in to Cronos again.

Cronos is an evil one, using nightmares from Kyana's past to get to her and using many underhand tricks to hurt her and those she loves, but Ky is no weakling and fights back with everything she can. Together the team are pretty strong, but Cronos knows he needs to separate them and catch them while they are weak. Kyana gets hurt a lot in this book, but bounces back, stronger and more determined to win each time.

Kyana also softens a bit in this book and becomes much more caring - she's still kick ass but not so feisty as she was at the beginning of this series, although that doesn't mean that she has gone soft at all; she's now just more willing to show her feelings to those she cares about about and finally she opens up to Ryker about how she truly does feel about him. Ryker and Ares also have that much needed father-to-son talk and manage to clear the air a bit more.

I didn't like the return of Mehmet (I don't think I was supposed to), but I didn't like how he turned Kyana into a quivering wreck, although I am glad Henry turned up at the last minute, saving her again. Not sure about the return of Henry - I understand why Cronos brought him back, although his plan backfired, but I'm not sure about Henry's turn of events at the end. he did prove himself, but why would the gods readily accept him as Ares' Chosen after their history? Hmmmm

It's a shame this series has now ended, but I do think it ended in a good place. Everything to do with Cronos was more or less wrapped up, but I would like to see where Kyana and Ryker go next and how they deal with their relationship along with their new god/goddess status'.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chosen.

10/02/2013 marked as: currently-reading