Tracy's Reviews > When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes by Brenda Novak

Aug 25, 12

Read in January, 2013

I recently reviewed a pre-view book to the Whiskey Creek series When We Touch. I have to say that I also enjoyed this book very much. Here you have Simon a spoiled rich actor type whose' personal life is a complete mess and he acts like a spoiled brat. This character is so believable in this role. The only problem is that he also has a little boy who he loves very much, but by his own actions he is kept away from his son. So he needs to re-define who he is and become a much better person. That is where Gail comes in. She is one person that Simon really hurt through her business, even though Simon did not directly do anything. Together these two band together to help Simon to become a better person and get his son back into his life.

This is a good story because things are not a cake walk, Simon and Gail really learn to work together. Simon is forced to really change himself and become someone who is 180 degrees from what he was. They both have a business history together that factors into their whole marriage of convenience. Plus things from both of their paths pop up to cause problems. But they both help each other by seeing the others problems in a new light. They really do become a team as they try to get Simons son back.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Lightning Strikes.