Rachelle's Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Feb 24, 09

bookshelves: book-i-would-recommend, fiction
Recommended for: lovers of love stories
Read in February, 2009, read count: 1

I don’t know what I was really expecting from this book, but I don’t think it was this. However, that being said I still loved it! I am fascinated by the idea of time travel and this story takes an interesting look at a common concept.

It is the story of Henry, a man who time travels and the woman who is his past, present, and future. It’s a great love story with well developed characters, who are flawed and wonderful. I have a slight Henry crush, which is sad considering he is a punk loving time traveling Librarian who kind of starts out as a jerk. Nevertheless, Henry’s dialogue is witty, sarcastic, and intelligent.

I enjoyed the way the other looked at events through both Henry and Clair’s perspectives. It was really interesting to see when the events happened for Henry as opposed to Clair.

Now although I really liked this book, I have to admit that I did have to throw my hands up and give an exasperated “WHAT THE HECK????”!!!!! There are moments when you feel like these people have been through enough and I felt like it was unfair to cause them any more pain. Plus it could just be me, but without giving too much away the ending really didn’t leave me with that warm fuzzy feeling that everything will be alright.

Overall, I though it was a really good story and I enjoyed it. I would defiantly recommend this book and I can’t wait to see the movie! Bring on Eric Bana!
Likeflag

02/15/2009 page 22
02/23/2009 page 450
85.23% "I think I get way too attached to characters! I have a horrible sense of impending doom!"
"
02/23/2009 page 450
85.23% "I just found out they are making a movie and Eric Bana's gonna be Henry!!! He's sexy!" 1 comment
show 3 hidden updates…