Cheryl's Reviews > The Last Victim

The Last Victim by Karen Robards

Aug 25, 12

Dr. Charlotte “Charlie” Stone is a serial killer expert. Currently Dr. Stone is working at Ridge State Prison. Dr. Stone’s current patient is inmate Michael Allen Garland. Charlotte is interrupted by the appearance of the FBI. They want Charlotte’s help. It seems that the “Boardwalk Killer” has returned. This is important for Charlie because she survived the “Boardwalk Killer” when she was a teen.

An alarm sounds in the prison. Garland has been murdered. Charlie agrees to help the FBI. Garland’s spirit also tags along with Charlie.

I was instantly hooked on this book, the moment that I started reading it. The Last Victim brings intensity, good characters, some paranormal elements, and romance. What I was not digging so much was the romantic entanglement between Charlie and Garland. I found Garland to be annoying and crude. So for Charlie to fall for him right away or even at all for that matter was a bit of a let down for me.

Charlie’s ability to see and communicate with the dead was interesting. Like the little boy from the movie, The Sixth Sense. This ability gave Charlie more depth as a character. However, I will admit that as the story progressed, I could tell where it was leading and there was not too much surprise involving the identity of the serial killer. Overall, this was still a good read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Victim.