Christie's Reviews > Earth Unaware

Earth Unaware by Orson Scott Card

Aug 25, 12

Read in August, 2012

I don't know why OSC felt the need to have a coauthor for this book. I was curious to see if it felt any differently than his other books since this one has a coworker, but I thought it read just like the rest of the books in his Ender series (multiple main characters, each with their own chapter, skipping around between main characters, occasional cliffhanger chapter endings, new slang, scientific gobbledygook that makes things sound realistic).

I couldn't put it down. The worst part was knowing it's the first in a trilogy. I don't know if the character development was as good as in other books, but it still was classic OSC.

I was hoping to find a website somewhere that outlined connections between this book and the Ender books (precursors to what would eventually happen in the Ender books) but wasn't able to (yet). I could see some connections on my own (ie: multinational special forces unit ----> Battle School, glazer -----> the weapon from Ender's Game) but I'm sure I missed some.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Earth Unaware.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Logan Simonsen The book has two authors because Aaron Johnston actually created the story as a comic. Orson Scott Card helped him to make it a novel.