Julie's Reviews > Edenbrooke

Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

Aug 25, 12

Read in August, 2012

LOVED it! I wish wish wish she had MORE books! I rate on a few things. First, the writing. Do I get hung up on flow of sentences? I did not have that happen in Edenbrooke. It flowed, every sentence of every page to the end. Next, I rate on my interest in the story. I was immediately captivated and looked to see where I was in the book. I was already in the 30's of page numbers and had already had an adventure to that point. Another thing I rate on is development and endearment of characters by the author. The characters in the book had distinct personalities and were very well developed. I cared about what happened to each of them. Also, another item I rate on is the effectiveness of the author to write feeling and descriptions in such a way that it is clear and my imagination can't wait for the next page. I would rate this book 5 stars on all accounts. I sincerely look forward to her next book and hope she continues to write for many years to come. She had me at page 1. I'll always be a loyal reader.

Thank you for the adventure, the love, the beauty of the setting, and your 5 long years of hard work to make this one of my all time favorite books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edenbrooke.