Emma 's Reviews > Timepiece

Timepiece by Myra McEntire

Oct 08, 2012

Read from August 25 to 27, 2012

I cannot wait for the next book :D

Please bear in mind that this is the second book in the series and the review may therefore contain spoilers from the previous books.

Although the story continues a short while after the end of Hourglass the first person narrative is switched to Kaleb from Emerson. I have to admit that while I preferred Emerson’s narrative voice the change to Kaleb’s provided added insight and its use enables the plot to develop further.

The repercussions from the time travel in Hourglass take a very unsuspected turn, at no time could I say that the plot was predictable in any way. The way in which the plot unfolds is quite frankly brilliant and continually engaging.

Although Kaleb isn’t my favorite character, I really enjoyed getting to know him better. The story cracks his tough guy exterior revealing the squishy sensitive guy he is on the inside. this did make me like him a lot more than I did in Hourglass. Seeing the sensitive side of Kaleb and understanding his particular ability in detail helped explain his actions and relationships. I found myself coming to care about him more and more as the story progressed.

There are a number of huge plot twists that were completely unexpected yet fell into place perfectly. The time travel and supernatural abilities within the story are shown in such a way as to make them believable realistic. the weaving of a legend into the plot-line took the whole book to another level.

Not only does Myra McEntire provide an engaging plot, this woman knows how to write a romance. The pages practically crackle with the electricity these couples cause, in Emerson and Michael’s case quite literally, lol. The emotions aren’t in any way forced. The couples share a connection that goes beyond the physical and the relationships develop in a realistic fashion.

I am so glad that Lily has been given a much bigger role in this book. She really is a terrific character, sassy and smart, her creativity and personality really shine in this book. Lily’s background is highlighted within the narrative providing revelations that add to the main plot in some very surprising ways.

Myra has managed to combine all the things I like in one tantalizing story. Romance, suspense paranormal abilities, secret societies and government conspiracies with wonderful characters and a compelling but believable story-line. My rating reflects my preference of Emerson’s narrative voice to Kaleb’s, that is all.

I am still completely baffled why this series has not been picked up in the UK. I cannot wait to read Infinity Glass to find out what happens next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timepiece.