Jennifer's Reviews > Murder on Bank Street

Murder on Bank Street by Victoria Thompson

Dec 12, 2008

bookshelves: mystery, gaslight-mysteries, historical
Read in December, 2008

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this series, and was really looking forward to this book in particular as there was finally going to be a resolution to the murder of Dr. Brandt. I have to admit to also being a bit nervous about reading this one because I'd been so looking forward to it for quite some time now. I was afraid I'd be let down for some reason. But, as usual, Ms. Thompson did not disappoint. The resolution to Dr. Brandt's story was both shocking and very satisfying. I'm also looking forward to hopefully seeing some real forward progression of the Sarah/Frank relationship in future books. For all of my complaints that the relationship was being developed at a snail's pace, I also understood that no real momentum could be gained until the spectre of Dr. Brandt's murder was no longer hanging over their heads.

The secondary characters in these books are always a treat, Mrs. Ellsworth has long been a favorite character of mine. I also adore Catherine (and Brian too--although he wasn't really featured in this book) and was glad to see Maeve come into her own a bit. I've also become quite fond of Mrs. Decker...I'm still not too sure about Mr. Decker or Frank's mother just yet.

I was so glad to find out that 'Bank Street' isn't going to be the last book in the series, and that an 11th, Murder on Waverly Place is set to be released in 2009.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on Bank Street.

12/22/2008 page 1