Erin Schneider's Reviews > Fall for Anything

Aug 24, 2012

bookshelves: favorite-reads, ya-contemporary
Recommended for: Everyone!
Read from January 31 to February 05, 2013 — I own a copy , read count: 1

FALL FOR ANYTHING delivers the same raw and honest writing style we're used to from Courtney Summers, as she yet again tackles an intense subject that many authors tend to shy away from.

This time, our MC Eddie, has just lost her father to suicide. Her mom has succumbed to a deep bout of depression, and her mom's best friend, Beth - who Eddie can't stand - has moved in to help.

Then there's Eddie's own best friend, a boy named Milo, who's in love with another girl. And she might just be taking him away from her.

One of my favorite writing nuances of Summers', is that most all of her MC's are plagued with some tiny quirk. In CRACKED UP TO BE (probably my favorite of her novels), the MC Parker Fadley suffers from anxiety-ridden finger snapping, which was incredibly well written and such an important flaw to her character. And this time in FALL FOR ANYTHING, Eddie believes her hands are dying - and throughout the novel, constantly complains about how she can't feel her fingers, or how cold her hands are...even though she admits later on, that she knows it's all in her head.

As Eddie struggles to understand why her father would kill himself, she questions everything - including her potential role in pushing him over the edge. So much to deal with at the age of seventeen, yet nothing is held back throughout the pages.

I love reading powerful and emotional writing like this and I'm not surprised that yet again, Courtney Summers has nailed it. I highly recommend all of her books - as you can tell, I am a huge fan. And I definitely can't wait to get my hands on her upcoming release, ALL THE RAGE, when it debuts early next year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fall for Anything.