Mochaspresso 's Reviews > A Touch of Greek

A Touch of Greek by Tina Folsom

Aug 26, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, kindle-cheapies-and-freebies
Read from August 24 to 26, 2012

The plot is fairly predictable and one that I've seen in books and in movies before. Triton, a greek god, is punished by Zeus for a series of misdeeds and his punishment is exile in the mortal world without his immortal powers. To regain his powers, he has to make a mortal woman fall in love with him for his character...not just for his looks. A rather hard thing to pull off for an extremely handsome greek god with philandering ways. Then he meets Sophia, a woman who has had enough of the philandering pretty boy types who think that they are the god's gift to women and wants nothing to do with him. When an accident leaves her temporarily blind, Triton sees this as the perfect opportunity to get someone to fall in love with him based solely on his character and attempts to woo her again.....by pretending to be a home health care aid.

Yes, it is a cheezy romance....but the book doesn't really pretend that it's not, in my opinion. It didn't bother me, but there is some very crude language and the Greek Gods are depicted as misogynistic "assholes", for lack of a better word. Some may or may not find that offensive. I also notice that the book doesn't really try to overwhelm the reader with in depth explanations and lessons in greek mythology. (I personally would have liked to see more of the mythology backgrounds included, but I realize that some people don't want that in their romance novels.) Overall, this turned out to be a very light and entertaining read. Not bad at all for a kindle freebie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Touch of Greek.