Joann's Reviews > The Ruins of Gorlan

The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan

F 50x66
Aug 24, 12

Read in August, 2012

My 7 year old grand-daughter was looking for something to read and my daughter thought that she would like something from the fantasy shelf. Curious to see what she was reading, I borrowed this from the library yesterday. I finished it today, and not because it was an easy child's read. The book was fantastic.
It starts off with the "bad guy" explaining how he was out for revenge and then switched over to a group of kids who are wards of the castle. They have to choose what they are going to do with their life and they are only teenagers. The book centered around Will, who became an apprentice to Halt the Ranger, and Horace, who became an apprentice to the Warrior Knights. Less than a year later they are preparing for War.
This book is filled with adventure and excitement while the main characters are trying to figure out who they are. I highly recommend it to any fantasy lover, no matter what age.
I have already downloaded the second book from this series to my Nook and I plan on starting it tonight.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ruins of Gorlan.