Tough Critic Book Reviews's Reviews > The Perfect Game

The Perfect Game by J. Sterling

Oct 13, 12

Read in October, 2012

Sometimes I feel exactly like Julia Roberts, except my hair is a very unique shade of red (called brown), my lips are in proportion to my body and I would never ever teach Richard Gere how to drive a stick. So why birth this randomness?? Because every time I start a review, I kind of feel like Julia Roberts at the beginning of My Best Friend's Wedding. She slowly takes a bite, pauses, then says..."I'm writing this up as inventive...and confident." Well, a few days ago I took a rather big bite out of Jack The Perfect Game and here's what I have to say...

I was somewhere between three and four stars for most of the book. However, somewhere in the second half there was some major five starness that jumped up and bit me on the ass. I was so confused. The star erasers had to do with the start of Jack & Cassie's relationship. The author had the perfect set up for something amazing. A buildup with so much sexual tension that I'd need a hazmat suit just to read it, but it was rushed. It came too quick; it happened too fast. Draw it out...tease me. Let me find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop! I WANT MY LICKS!

The banter had its great moments....seriously, but there were other times where the banter wasn't natural; it seemed forced. Scripted in a way. I also don't think I liked Cassie as much as I was suppose to. I didn't NOT like her, but I didn't love her either...not like I loved Jack. Maybe it was because she didn't have a penis.

Speaking of penis, did I mention how much I love Jack?? Yes, he totally broke my heart. The type of broken where my whole body tensed and I felt like I was going to be sick. But like any broken heart, it can be fixed...and Jack fixed it. The ending was absolutely amazing...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I respect any book that can not only make me feel, but make me feel real emotions! The Perfect Game did that. J. Sterling had her finger on the pulse of something amazing. And even though it wasn't OMG great...it was a really good read that I'm glad I experienced. READ ON!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Game.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lucy completely agree with this review..i wrote that it had amazing potential but just didnt reach that point..-too rushed!..3.5 stars for me! :)

message 2: by J. (new) - added it

J. Sterling Your feedback helps me GROW! thank you! :)

message 3: by Mae (new) - added it

Mae After reading your review I'm reading the book. Thanks.

Nicole Great review! Loved what you wrote below :)

Jessica Z What the what?! I'm like 80% through and I want to shake Jack until I knock him out. Ugh. This better end well.

Nicole Jessica wrote: "What the what?! I'm like 80% through and I want to shake Jack until I knock him out. Ugh. This better end well."

I was ready to kill Carter!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Lol...me too! I felt sick! The ending is...wow!

Mari gonna start this soon premise is good. ok i like the name jack lol i may he biased

Mandy Rizzo I can't forgive him....no matter how he "proves it". I just can't. maybe that's a flaw in me and not the book. But you just don't do what he did to someone you love. You don't throw away everything for nothing if someone really is your everything.

Jessica Z I found what he did not really believable. And no girls I know would have waited that long to go cross country to confront the issue, but then again maybe my friends and I are a little crazy and hot tempered. Loved the ending.

Tough Critic Book Reviews Love all the different perspectives!

message 12: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy Cintron Okay.. I really want to read the book the blurb had me hooked from day one.. I just need to know if there is a HEA... I cant take another book that ends terrible..

Brittany Diedrich-Hayes Amy- you should read it. You won't be disappointed with the ending. I'm a HEA girl as well.

message 14: by Tough Critic Book Reviews (last edited Oct 13, 2012 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tough Critic Book Reviews The ending is the BEST PART!!! Don't be scared ;-)

Jennifer Maxfield What a perfect review. My thoughts exactly!

Jennifer . I loved this book.. Jack made me soo mad that I am physically sick to my stomach..my heart is still racing and my husband was laughing at me while I cried for Cass at some points and laughed at others.. I LOVED The storyline

Stephanie Jen I felt the same way and was even pissed at my hubby at one point. I had to put the Kindle down and step away so that I wouldn't throw it! LOL

Tough Critic Book Reviews How great were the quarters!!!!

Liliana Saquicela The tootsie pop comment hit it on the dot!!!!....and def. too rushed!!

Marissa I am not finished with the book yet, but I am at a point where my face is burning up and can't believe what is happening. I love Jack but right now he's killing me.

Amber My face was burning up too! I know exactly which part you mean. Ugh!!! From that point on, I never let go of my anger. The ending was amazing but I'm still so damn mad at Jack.

Shantel Springer 'Like'