Sarah's Reviews > Ashamed No More: A Pastor's Journey Through Sex Addiction

Sep 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012-list
Read from September 01 to 08, 2012

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashamed No More.

09/07/2012 page 128
54.0% "This book is a struggle to read, but well-done. I'm hoping to crank on it this weekend...maybe reading it exclusively at night is NOT the best approach. :)" 5 comments
09/08/2012 page 190
80.0% "An ongoing nag as I read: is the author operating under the belief or assumption the all people are fundamentally bad? And is that accurate? I do not think it is. He makes many references to the early Church fathers (Catholic, because that's before there were Christian denominations)."
09/08/2012 page 197
83.0% "Interrupting my reading of chapter 11. Theology of the Body, anyone? I can't help but feel that I am being embroiled in a "biblical perspective" that may be...not complete.. Theology of the Body. JP2 nailed it. Please tell me non-Catholics have read it."
09/08/2012 page 200
84.0% "The big things I feel are missing are the sacraments and the ability to talk about a capital-C Church, as opposed to the small-c church referenced throughout. Is sexual sin really and truly "the same as" other sin? I have to think about this more in theauthor's framework."
09/08/2012 page 203
85.0% ">This book definitely addresses a tender topic and well, overall. I am trying not to theologically nitpick (I am no theologian, after all). My own struggles with addiction, though, have been so addressed by the graces of the sacraments that I can't help but notice and feel that missing."