Christine Rains's Reviews > Colonization

Colonization by Aubrie Dionne

Aug 25, 12

Read in August, 2012

Andromeda likes her life just the way it is. Her comfortable world is changing, though. She's now the age where she'll be assigned her role amongst the crew and be matched with her life mate. Not only does that stress weigh down upon her, but the ship will be arriving at their destination, Paradise 21, at the same time. Her hopes crumble as she's assigned a job with her mother working with plants, and she isn't matched with her best friend and secret love, Sirius. Instead she's paired with a young man named Corvus who's nothing like Sirius at all. Paradise 21 turns out not to be so perfect. Something deadly is looming in the lush jungle, and only Andromeda has the clues to figure out what that might be. Caught in an emotional tug-of-war between Sirius and Corvus, can she focus on solving the mystery and save the colony?

Aubrie Dionne has created a science-fiction romance masterpiece. She takes us from the cozy confines of the ship into a world full of vivid colors and great wonder. Paradise 21 looks every bit the Eden the colony had hoped, but things aren't always as they seem. There're mysteries and ghosts lurking about, and Andromeda finds herself in the center of it all. Andromeda is a fabulous protagonist. All her emotional turmoil builds a strong character, and I found myself cheering out loud for her. Usually I'm not a fan of love triangles, but Dionne works in Andromeda's mixed feelings about Corvus and Sirius very well. Her relationships feel pure and natural. Corvus and Sirius are opposites, and both equally likable. I wasn't sure who I wanted to win Andromeda's heart.

This is my favorite book by Dionne to date. She never fails to wow me with the twists and turns in her plots, and her smooth flowing prose. The threat in Colonization is highly original and more frightening than even the biggest of space monsters. Of course, you're going to have to read it to find out for yourself!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Colonization.