Jen's Reviews > The Kure

Sep 06, 12

bookshelves: kindle-own
Recommended to Jen by: Jaye Francis
Read from September 05 to 06, 2012 — I own a copy

Well, I just finished this book and all I can say is wow!!! I'm a bit shell shocked by the thought of the grotesque,diseased "manhood" in the book, but once I get over that I should be fine!!LOL
Yikes, I don't know where to begin on this one!! I actually really did enjoy this story and I look forward to the next one. The end leaves you hanging so I am going to be sitting here waiting "Impatiently" for the next installment!
For starters I have to say that Jaye Frances writes a very descriptive story. I like that when I read a book as I have no problem picturing the scene I am reading about. Her descriptions of her scenes are so accurate and clear that I felt like I was right there in the story. This was great for describing the town and houses; very hard to swallow when it came to the diseased "member" and some of the treatments which was going to included leeches...Blech! I am positive I will never think of leeches without thinking of this book! It is forever etched into my mind; which in my opinion is the sign of a great author. I can honestly say I won't ever forget this book!
I really liked John, the hero of the book and his heroine Sara was a sweetheart too. Even though John was suffering from this ailment that he aquired, he tried so hard to keep with his honor and integrity. He became extremly protective over Sarah even though he had initially seeked her out with dubious intent. His doctor had shown him the Black Magic book and the remedy that was so morally wrong,and during a weak moment of severe pain John thought he would be able to go through with using "a virgin sacrifice" to try and cure his rare disease. ONce he meets Sarah, and sees what kind of girl she is, he just can't in good conscience go through with it.
What amazes me through out this story is when Sarah finally does come into the picture (a bit later in the book) she is so determined to help John that she literally stops at nothing to achieve this. She obviously loves him and so badly wants a future with him.
I would classify this book as a gothic horror story with a little suspence thrown in. It was a little slow at getting started but once it did I couldn't put it down. I had to find out what was going to happen and how far Sarah was willing to go. I wished the ending doesn't leave me hanging; but it is for sure good strategy for the author to use as I will be waiting for the second installment and I will standing in line waiting to get it!
All in all, I thought it was a great book, but not for the faint of heart!
I was given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review..and I am greatful that I had the opportunity to read it..
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kure.

09/05/2012