Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)'s Reviews > Chasing McCree

Chasing McCree by J.C. Isabella

Sep 12, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-on-blog
Read from August 24 to 28, 2012

Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book. I thought it was good, especially the last 50-60 pages. I read this book every free chance I had.

Chasing McCree is like chick lit for young adults. I found this book to be romantic, sweet, fun, exciting, and funny. Sure, it was rather far-fetched but it was a great, easy read. I laughed out loud in a few spots...especially at the end with Briar's parents. HaHaHa...I still laugh about it when I think of it. It was a great visual in my mind and like Briar, I wish there were pictures of that moment.

The two main characters were written well. Briar is the cheerleader who is in with the popular crowd because that is what is expected of her. Her parents don't really care that much about her, only their station in life and the community. Chase is your typical cowboy who wants to do right for his family and his family's name. He was very kind and respectful. Although he is young - just turning 18 - he is a "man" and knows how to be a man. Briar's grandma was a trip. She was always there for Briar - and there for Chase - and always good for a laugh.

Would I recommend it: I would recommend this book.

Will I read it again: I may read it again, someday. Or I may just read that last few chapters again! (They were my favorite!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing McCree.