Proserpine's Reviews > Life Cycle

Life Cycle by Zoe Winters

Aug 31, 12

Read from August 24 to 25, 2012

Life Cycle was a fantastic story, a paranormal story that totally fit my exigencies: actions from page one until the very end, supernatural creatures in all kind to satisfy any paranormal romance lovers, a sexy and torn demon (incubi) king willing to do almost everything to satisfy his lust toward the main female character and a most of a bad-ass chick willing to do everything to have what she wants and needs.

Tam has one last request: she wants the demon king Cain to end her life in total pleasure of course, because Cain is an Incubi. He takes the life of other being while having sex and pleasure with them.

Tam's hide from her ex, who murdered every one from their circle to gain powers and immortality and Tam, is the next and last one of them. If Cain kills her before Jack finds her, he will never become the supreme being he think he can be.

Life Cycle was my favorite of all the Preternatural, I read (so far). I liked Tam's personality and the fact that she remains herself the whole time. She knows what she wants and will do everything to get it. She's tired of her repeating life and I totally understand her! How can someone remain sane after all these years?

Anyway, if you are a fan of Zoe Winters and her Preternaturals series, you will also read about some of your ''old'' characters from book 1-2-3. I love the fact that they are all connected in a way. In this story, they all fight against the same evil and ''try'' to put aside their difference.

Cain is the yummy kind of (also) bas-ass demon; he's supposed to be super mean and the worst of his kind. Actually, he is, but with Tam, everything turns upside down and nothing goes as he predicted.

I liked the flashback where the author explain a little bit why and how Jack and Tam have acquired their powers, but I would have like to learn a little bit more about Jack.
I didn't read all the Preternaturals books, so maybe it was explained earlier or even later!?!

Life Cycle, book 4 of the Preternaturals series was a win/win for me, I enjoyed my reading, the plot was interesting (as always) and everything seems to fit. I recommend this book to every Zoe Winters and Preternaturals fans, PNR lovers and if your heart swell for demon and witch, this one should be on your TBR pile!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life Cycle.

08/25/2012 page 150