Jenn's Reviews > One Book in the Grave

One Book in the Grave by Kate Carlisle

Sep 12, 12

Read in September, 2012

Once again, I fell for the cozy mystery with the cute cover at Target. Add in the fact that this was supposedly about a book lover and I'm set. The reality isn't quite so nice. This is the 4th or so in a series. I've found that generally doesn't matter and if I wait to find the first one, I'll be waiting a long time. So I got it anyway. It felt like they barely mentioned books until the last quarter of the book. The mystery was kooky. Maybe the author knows some survivalist groups that aren't creepy, but I've never heard of one. So it was weird to think this member of one was considered such an upstanding member of the community. Solomon was described that way several times, but no indication as to why people thought this. How did the SF police get to Angelica as their main suspect when it didn't appear that Brooklyn and Co. shared any info with them whatsoever? There were also too many characters for me to keep straight. Beyond the main 4-5, every time a name was mentioned, I had to stop and probe the recesses of my mind to remember who the hell they were talking about. This problem might have been solved if I'd read the previous books. Overall, this one just felt silly to me...and that's saying something since you expect some silly with the cozy mystery genre. I probably won't read any more of this series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Book in the Grave.