Caitlyn Santi's Reviews > Be Still My Soul

Be Still My Soul by Joanne Bischof

Aug 27, 12

Read from August 24 to 25, 2012

I enjoyed this book. It is definitely unique in that you are not supposed to like the hero for much of the book! I found myself really relating to Lonnie a lot, her life and struggles felt believable. The story flowed nicely but sometimes I got a little confused as to how much time had gone by. I fell in love with Jebediah and Elsie immediately! I liked Jebediah's approach to teaching Gideon the lessons he needed to learn! This book is written in third person POV alternating between Lonnie and Gideon, it really helped to get inside Gideon's head. Overall I found Be still My Soul to be a good one time read, this writer definitely has talent and I look forward to reading the next installment in this series! I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys historical romance, especially in the Appalachian mountains described so beautifully by the author! Please note there is a tiny bit of non graphic sexual content that was coerced by Gideon, their is also some moonshine and a bit of violence, nothing terrible but just be aware.

I recieved this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah in exchange for an honest review, I have done so. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Be Still My Soul.

08/24/2012 page 120
34.0% "So wanting to wack Gideon upside the head right now! :-)"