Kathy * Bookworm Nation's Reviews > The Taming of Lady Kate

The Taming of Lady Kate by G.G. Vandagriff

Aug 24, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, marriage-of-convenience, regency-1811-1820, lds-author, kindle-loanable, romance-green, kindle-unlimited
Read in August, 2012

3.5

I liked this one; I thought it was a fun, light-hearted regency. Our heroine Kate was likable. Very headstrong and used to doing things her own way. She starts out a little spoiled, being the only child and pampered by her loving father. As the story progresses though she is thrown into a different world and forced to see things in a new way. I liked her relationship with our hero Jack. Kate needs to marry to secure her fortune and to take guardianship of her brother. She has little respect for English men and wants to find a marriage-of-convenience with a man who is easy to boss around. Jack is definitely not that man. He is courageous, strong willed and doesn’t like Kate get by with much. He is also crazy about Kate, right from the start. I liked that he loved her even though she could drive him nuts. I thought they had a nice relationship. I thought the story was good; it even contained a couple villains. Although one of the villains left a bit to be desired, I guess he just didn’t come across as “evil” as he was supposed to. Overall, a fun regency.

Content: Clean. There is some mild innuendo and the couple marries, but any relations are kept vague and are more behind closed doors.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Taming of Lady Kate.