Slavica's Reviews > Trained for Seduction

Trained for Seduction by Mia Downing

Aug 24, 2012

Read from August 25 to 28, 2012

I finished reading this book at 1:30am this morning, and have not slept since, so I'm a little bleary eyed, and apologise if this review is full of typos. That being said, I couldn't put this book down, once I had started. I was trying to stretch it out, and make it last longer, but I needed to know how the story was going to unfold. Yes, I'm a sucker for a well written story and also somewhat impatient when immersed in a good book, and this read is certainly in that category.

I've not read a book by this author before, so was not sure what to expect, but I feel I am a fairly seasoned erotic fiction reader. I have quietly been reading smut for many, many years, hiding my growing addiction, as it's not considered polite conversation in circles I run with. Having bought the Kindle last year, means I can read what I want, and no one needs to know my dirty little secret. Even if I have just outed myself here!

Once I delved into this book, I immediately feel in love with the characters, and even wanted to be one of them, at times. The story was fascinating, the chemistry was sizzling hot, and the emotional aspect was to die for! Basically, I did not want this book to end.

If you've read the FSOG (Fifty Shades of Grey) trilogy, as I had, and you enjoyed that story, or the effect it may have had on you, then I'm fairly confident this story is right up your alley. In fact, I'll go one step further, this is a superior read, as it's more mature, more emotional, and more realistic.

I will definitely sign up for the next edition, and can't wait to devour that book too. I've read the prelude and I'm hooked. If you're a fan of well written erotic fiction, I feel you would be doing yourself a favour, to go and grab a copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trained for Seduction.