Lisa (Bookworm Lisa)'s Reviews > Faith Hope and Gravity

Aug 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012, christian-fiction, clean-read, received-to-review
Read in August, 2012

3.5 rating

As the book opens, Liam is twelve and suffering from problem's with bullies. An incident takes matters too far and Liam is hurt physically. This event causes him to withdraw from society and seek the shelter of his home, the beach, his dog, and his dolphin friends.

Liam's journey toward discovering his purpose and place in the world is hard for him. He leaves his home in Hawaii and travels to places and countries that he didn't want to go to. His companion on some is one of the two boys who tormented him as a child. He must learn to forgive and understand. His challenges are compacted by the fact that he dreams of events that foretell the future.

The idea behind the book is one of overcoming and learning to have faith. There is a very Christian theme that runs throughout the book. Liam is blessed with a mother who seeks to help her son fulfill his destiny and think of others, not to focus so much on his pain.

I found this book to be interesting, there were a few parts that felt a little sluggish to me, overall it is an enjoyable book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faith Hope and Gravity.

message 1: by Shirley (new) - added it

Shirley Lisa, thanks for your insightful review. It's interesting to note that when I mentioned "sluggish parts" to one of proofreaders, the return comment was, "I can see that." Then I had to ask, "Why didn't you TELL me before it was published?" The answer? "I thought you just wanted me to look for typos!"