FicTalk Blog's Reviews > Hanging by a Thread

Hanging by a Thread by Sophie Littlefield

Aug 23, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-in-2012

Reviewed by Heather

Clare is a young girl who loves to design her own clothes. She uses vintage items that she gets from garage sales and consignment shops to make the clothes that she wears herself and sells. The only thing is, when Clare touches the clothes, she can see what the person was doing when they wore it last.

When Clare comes upon a ripped up jean jacket her visions are debilitating. She finds that the young girl whom the jacket belonged to, Amanda Stavros, has been missing for over a year. Amanda’s boyfriend at the time, Jack, was once a suspect, but after striking up a friendship with him, Clare believes that it wasn’t him.

Clare doesn’t know whether to let the visions go or to use them to figure out exactly what happened to the young girl.

I really found this book to be a quick and enjoyable read. While some of the aspects, like the fashion bits, didn’t appeal to me, I figured that the typical teenage girl (who actually the book was written for in the first place) would enjoy it very much.

I wish there would have been a little more info on the romantic front dealing with Jack and Clare, but that wasn’t really the focus of the story. It was more of a murder-mystery type book, which was one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hanging by a Thread.