Jayna's Reviews > The Vow: The Kim and Krickitt Carpenter Story

The Vow by Kim Carpenter

Aug 25, 12

Read from August 23 to 25, 2012

This is the true story that inspired the movie "The Vow." After seeing the movie back in February, I was really interested in learning the real details behind the incredible story. The book was a quick read--I finished it in a day and a half. And that's probably my only complaint about it (if you can call it a complaint)--I just really wanted MORE. I wanted to know in what ways Krickett returned to the girl she once was, and in which ways she was never the same. I wanted to know when and how they transitioned from simply holding fast to the vows they'd made and actually fell in love for the second time (which obviously happened for them). I also would have loved to hear more from Krickett's point of view. It would have been fascinating to read some chapters written by her, explaining what she was thinking and feeling when she woke up and everyone insisted that she was married to this man she was sure she had never met. In spite of these omissions, it truly is a fascinating story and makes me wonder what I would do in the same situation. I hope that I would be as strong as they were and would hold fast to my faith and the commitment I made to my husband, no matter the challenges. Their story is a powerful testimony to the sacred covenant of marriage and to God's faithfulness.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vow.