Cwn_annwn_13's Reviews > Novels and Stories: The Call of the Wild/White Fang/The Sea-Wolf/Klondike and Other Stories

Novels and Stories by Jack London

Dec 12, 08

bookshelves: on-my-shelf-home-library

Novels and Stories was the first of a two volume set that I scored for cheap on ebay a few years ago. The second, Novels and Social writings concentrates on his political/social novels and essays while this one is comprised of his Alaskan and sea bearing adventure stories.

This book weighs in at over 1000 pages and includes three GREAT novels in Call of the Wild, The Sea Wolf and White Fang as well as multitudes of his short stories.

I can't say enough about how much I love Londons writings and how much admiration I have for him as a man as well. I've read Call of the Wild about every two years or so since the first time I read it as a child and I get more out of it every time I re-read it. His adventure stories on one level are just great red blooded adventure stories that anyone who has any heart or spirit would enjoy and there is a deeper level to London as well. His stories are highly spiritual if you are able to look at them on another level. Although thats something that you have to "feel" from within I suppose.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Novels and Stories.