Fatema's Reviews > Rape Girl

Rape Girl by Alina Klein

Aug 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012, made-me-tear-up, real-life, netgalley
Read on August 23, 2012

To be honest this book was not an easy read. It brought out many different emotions in me. One of the emotions i felt the most was anger, anger for Valerie. I couldn't believe it when her own friends started turning on her along with every one else. they turned her into the attacker not the victim. Unfortunately this is what most likely happens when a girl accuses someone of being a rapist. Valerie went through several states of post-traumatic shock: Disbelief, self-disgust, aggression and guilt all tinted with depression. Throughout the book we get to see what other people think of the situation: her mom, her friends, her brother, other rape victims and even Adam himself. This book was very realistic with the outcomes of the lawsuit, due to the fact of evidence and witnesses. The only reason i gave this book a 4 stars instead of 5 was that i though it was a bit too short. We didn't have time to get to know Valerie, i feel like i could have been able to empathise with her more if i had gotten to know her. Also the ending was a bit too abrupt for my taste. Other than that this was a great read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rape Girl.