SW's Reviews > Scarlet

Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen

Aug 23, 2012

Read from August 22 to 23, 2012

This book surprised me. Looking through the reviews it seems like either people loved it or just hated it. I read this most of this book in a day. And once I got into the meat of it I just couldn't put it down. Scarlet or Will Scarlet (view spoiler) is a strong brave girl who of course puts on a front because she's actually very vulnerable but she's put that all aside and has put up a front to cover that all up. At times she seems fearless and reckless but after we finally know her entire back story we know why she acts the way she does. Robin of course is the mysterious leader of the group, and John Little is the big lug, womanizer of the the group and there's Much the little kid with only one hand. I loved the twist on the Robin Hood stories it gets a lot grittier and bloodier than most, this definitely isn't the Men in Tights version of the story. There is a bit of a Love triangle angle between Robin, Scarlet, and John, which in my opinion plays a large part of the story. It really drives the characters choices that they make. I've read a lot of the other reviews that say the romance part is the subplot, but really I'd say it's the main plot. But it doesn't take up the whole book there's a lot of action mixed in between all the romancing.
I just loved the angle on Scarlet how she was so brave but so vulnerable and caring. She's a true hero, in my book. The ending kind of left it open to maybe another book? but it was a good ending none the less.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scarlet.