Lorie's Reviews > Anatomy of a Boyfriend

Anatomy of a Boyfriend by Daria Snadowsky

Dec 11, 08

bookshelves: ya, realisticfiction
Read in December, 2008

** spoiler alert ** This book annoyed me, but for some reason I finished it and for that reason alone I gave this book 2 stars instead of 1.

The main character drove me crazy. I could smell her desperation emanating from the pages of the book. I’ve been upset over breakups in the past. I've never threw up for days about it. Do people do this? The language she used does not sound like it would come out of a 17 year olds mouth. For instance: "Jessica has to be the most darling dog on earth," (she says, "trying not to feel jealous as it crawls all over Wes."). Also, she sits in her dads lap and cries? Sound like any 17 year old you know? Me neither.

It also seems that the author was trying too hard to be risqué. During a scene where she goes fishing with her parents she--out of no where--throws out some sexual comments (don't want to get too explicit here) that are so shockingly out of place that I had to reread a few times to figure out if I missed something.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anatomy of a Boyfriend.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Wow--you wrote a review. This book must have really irked you. Anyway, I give your review 5 stars!!!

Lorie i get mad when a book has potential but doesn't live up to it.

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Lorie smash!

Lilly Roz i agree with you.