Montana G.'s Reviews > The Book of Broken Hearts

The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler

Aug 18, 13

Read in February, 2013

Reading a book by Sarah Ockler always makes me so happy. Her books are always so emotional and Sarah Ocker seems to be able to effortlessly combine romance with realism. The Book of Broken Hearts was no exception, and it’s one of my new favorites! :)

First off, all the characters were amazing. All of them were so heartbreakingly real. A major part of the book is the fact that Jude’s dad suffers from Alzheimer’s. She cared about her dad so much, and it was so emotional to me to see how she consistently tried to take care of and look out for him. There were also several really sweet moments between the dad and daughter.

The romance and the family relationships were great in this book. Emilio was such a kind person, and all of Jude’s older sisters were so different. You only get a clear depiction of one of them, Mari, and although I didn’t like her too much, you really got to see the family dynamic and how much everyone cared for one another. I also felt like every thing had the perfect emphasis on it, for an ending that made me so happy!

The Book of Broken Hearts is another favorite of mine. It’s an adorable, extremely emotional contemporary. Sarah Ockler had definitely become one of my new favorite authors! I’d give The Book of Broken Hearts 5 out of 5 flowers.

*This review was also posted at http://www.thebookbelles.blogspot.com
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Broken Hearts.