Kristi's Reviews > Rampant

Dec 11, 2008

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in January, 2010

Go Team Unicorn!

I've always been a fan of unicorns, stemming from the days of Legend starring Tom Cruise. I guess I've always been mesmerized by magic and mythology. Things that aren't "real" but.... could they be?

Rampant has revived my love for mythology and magic, in the form of flesh eating unicorns!

Plain and simply this book was awesome. Unique and action-packed, not to mention a little bit of romance thrown in... I could not put it down. I loved the mythology surrounding this novel and wonder what type of research Peterfreund conducted and how much she made up. It was absolutely fascinating, either way.

I loved the character of Astrid and I loved watching her personal growth throughout the novel. She is a very likable character and I can imagine readers won't have a hard time relating to her. She's imperfect, but admirable, courageous and just a normal girl tying to figure out who she is. I love strong female characters.

Rampant was definitely unpredictable, I had no idea what was going to happen next! There is so much more going on in this story that I initially anticipated.

I can't wait to read the next novel in the series, Ascendant, and continue to read Peterfreunds novels!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rampant.

01/02/2010 page 70