Torben Rasmussen's Reviews > Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us

Drive by Daniel H. Pink

8819540
Aug 23, 12

Read in March, 2011

This was a re-read for me. I scanned this book briefly after having it recommended to me, but did not really read it page-by-page.

After having read the Art of Making and From Good to Great I became interested again in how Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose could be used as the basis for enabling motivation. This is very much recommended as an overview of some of the newer thought on management and motivation, but it is only an overview.

Pink has an excellent writing style and he brings out many good points in the book. While a lot of research is referenced parts of the book does feel more like speculation than well founded research.

This is a great book to get started on re-thinking management for thought-work and nicely accompanies more substantial works which are heavily referenced.

I encourage you to take a look at this animated 'review' of the book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPn....

And after this one I really need to get started on Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi's: Flow book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drive.