HJ's Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

Oct 09, 2013

bookshelves: favorites
Read in October, 2013

10/2013 re-read - still laughed with tears pouring down my face!

Holy crapola! This has to be the funniest book I've EVER read. It's like a drunk comedian got on a roll and couldn't shut his/her mouth.

Let me say that if you don't like dirty jokes, profanity, explicit sexual references and the like, YOU WILL NOT LIKE THIS BOOK!

On the flip side, if these things don't ruffle you, and you have a pretty good sense of humor and can see this for the slapstick satire it is, then you will snort and chuckle and all out belly laugh your way through it like I did.

Great things:

1st person POV (always a plus with me)
Rotating POVs between Hero and Heroine (another big plus)
Zingy, snappy, snarky dialogue
No holds barred storytelling.

Slightly less great things:

Ummm. Well. Wait...Oh, I have one. Sort of.

I did think that the 4 year old may have been a bit TOO OTT, but still, it was totally in character for the style of the story, and the personality of the characters who raised him, so even my minor notice of this is almost too miniscule to mention. Almost.

Yeah. That's it. I really loved this book. :)
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

message 1: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann It WAS freaking hilarious, glad you loved it too. Can't wait for bk 2 out next month.

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann It's hilarious Elizabeth. Starts out a bit slow but once you get into the actual story it's a cute romance and just so funny. Just be warned profanity abounds.

message 3: by HJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

HJ @ Elizabeth -

It's definitely one of those books that you have to kind of suspend disbelief over the way the characters behave (kind of like Saturday Night Live), but once you do, it's hysterical.

You're right, I don't give many 5 stars, and usually only for heavier quality stories, but this one just hit my funny bone perfectly.