Douglas Meeks's Reviews > The Wannabe Vampire

The Wannabe Vampire by Alex   Taylor

Aug 23, 2012

The Wannabe VampireThe Wannabe Vampire by Alex Taylor

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Wannabe Vampire (Michael Alexander/Kari Logan) - this was a surprise, it started out in a strange way and I thought it was going to be a waste of time but after a few chapters you get into the meat of the story and it turns out that it is much more complicated and deeper than first thought. The Wannabe Vampire (Michael Alexander/Kari Logan) (the title seems to indicate there may be more future books)

Summary:

"Michael Alexander is not your typical vampire...................
He has a house in a small coastal California city, a software development team in Mumbai, and a black Toyota Prius. He wants nothing more than to enjoy the pleasant life he's crafted for himself and the friendship of Kari, his new next door neighbor......................... Unfortunately, Michael also has a stalker. "

Review:

Michael is totally clueless about relationships and is pretty non-violent (unless pushed too hard) and Kari is a modern day independent woman (almost to the extreme) and they make a very unlikely pair and to be honest, I think they wanted to be friends more than anything else , of course her thinking he is gay for the first half of the book makes that more of a possibility :) The book has surprising twists and the character of Bruce (the "stalker") vacillates between idiot/moron/dangerous/pitiful and the ending of his story is a nice touch. I think this is probably a 4 Star read, maybe more since it tends to stick in your mind like most good books do. It is much more of a romance than anything else and just enough action to keep you hooked (since I read it all in about 5-6 hours of interrupted reading.). Try this on for size the next time you need something a bit different (as we all do) and this one will not disappoint you, I promise :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wannabe Vampire.