Abdulrahman's Reviews > The Prisoner of Heaven

The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Sep 03, 12

Read from August 23 to September 03, 2012

1st of all.. you better read the 1st two books of this trilogy to fully understand what the author is trying to let you live through, because when you're reading you actually LIVE in the book! this author has become my favorite after reading 2 of his books.
that was enough.

About the prisoner of heaven. the story goes on, with the same timeline it's been following, although it doesn't go on in the same direction of events. The characters are the same, or some of them are from "the shadow of the wind" and "the angel's game". But this time, it follows a different plot. you actually get into the story from the start, into the main scene, the main characters and the main events! which makes it much more intense, much more direct. YET, as always with Carlos Zafon, FULL OF MYSTERIES AND TWISTS! FULL OF SURPRISES THAT MAKE YOU KNOCK ON YOUR HEAD! and that is the main reason why I love him. Amazing storytelling like i've never seen! you actually read with not a single faint of a hint of an idea what will happen next. the thriller is magnificent! I actually had to skip lines from all this suspense at some points haha!

In terms of Literature, it's not as poetic and expressive as the previous 2 novels, or so I thought. It's still enjoyable, SO ENJOYABLE actually I felt sad this novel has ended. or not! :)
Can't wait to what's next from him!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prisoner of Heaven.

08/23/2012 page 24
09/01/2012 page 155
56.0% "I feel like I live somewhere else in this book!"
09/02/2012 page 217
78.0% "Not much left.. "
09/03/2012 page 279
100.0% "OHHMMYYGGGOODDD HOW IT ENDS!!!!"