Liza's Reviews > Forbidden

Forbidden by Nicola Cornick

Aug 26, 12

Read on August 23, 2012

I was lucky enough to get an early copy of Forbidden from NetGalley. I actually found the Scandalous Women of the Ton series when the 5th book was released, and became a fan of Nicola Cornick with that book.

Margery has been a secondary character in each of the other books in the series and I was glad to see we were getting her story. Margery is actually Marguerite Catherine Rose Saint-Pierre, who was has been missing since the age of 4 when her mother was murdered. Her grandfather sends Henry to bring her back to the family so she can take her rightful place in society. Henry and Margery have an instant attraction to one another. I really loved the attraction and connection between Henry and Margery. I could see both falling fast for the other, yet Henry had been burned in a past relationship, so he had no plans to ever love again. Margery knew she loved Henry, but because of his past never expected him to feel the same way. Even knowing Henry won’t love her, Margery can’t fight her attraction for him. The love scenes between them are sweet and hot at the same time. Henry is so loving to Margery, and you could feel how much he loved and cared for her by his actions.

I really loved the characters Nicola Cornick writes. The secondary characters are just as important and fun as the main characters, yet I never really feel like they overshadow the main characters. I have to say the answer to the mystery of Margery’s disappearance came as a bit of a shock to me. I really liked that I didn’t figure out the mystery early, and especially loved that Henry was finally ready to admit his feelings for Margery at the first sign she was in danger.

Forbidden is a fun, sweet and even sexy historical romance. The official release date is set for August 28, 2012, but I’ve seen it available in paperback from Amazon already. The official release date for digital editions is September 1.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden.

08/23/2012