Lisa - (Aussie Girl)'s Reviews > Gunmetal Magic

Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews

Aug 25, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-urban-fantasy
Read from August 23 to 26, 2012

This is a series which took me forever to get into...but now I'm hooked. The complexitity of the Kate Daniel's world, the war between magic and tech with little explanation seemed to interfere with the storyline for me. However as the clever Andrew's writing team slowly unfurled and detailed this world and their fantastic characters I have grown to love this series.

This is the first book in the Kate Daniel's world spin-off series where Andrea Nash, Kate's best friend gets to star and it is a cracker. Rarely do spin-offs deliver as much as the original series but this one does in spades. Andrea truly grows as a person facing her demons from her troubled past, resolves her on-off relationship with bouda alpha male Raphael and gets to participate in a kick-ass adventure concerning Egyptian Gods. What contributes to the depth of this series is not only the witty one liners and great snark but the cast of characters... not only Kate and Curran but Jim, Doolittle, Derek, Ascanio and my new favourite the hunky Russian Roman. We definitely need a book exploring him!

A 4.5 star read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gunmetal Magic.