Laura's Reviews > The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home by Karen McQuestion

Sep 04, 12

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from August 22 to September 01, 2012

Although I have a ton of "Road Trip" type books on my bookshelves I haven't read any of them. This was a mix between a chick-lit type book/womens fiction/mystery novel. It had a little of something for "almost" everyone in it, and because the 4 women that go on the road trip are so varied in age, I think anyone can relate to at least one of the women on some sort of level.

There's Marnie whose long-term boyfriend died of a heart-attack, and his son gets ripped from her life and shipped back to his mother leaving her devasted, Laverene who's Marnie's landlord, who Marnie has never met because she dosen't EVER leave her apartment, and then theres Jazzy the Psychic who runs the grief meetings that Marnie decides to attend after her life takes a downward spiral, and last but not least is Rita, who's been grieving ever since her daughter was murdered.

This book deals with grief, life, and just about everything in between. I could have done without the psychic foreseeings that happen through-out this book, and think thats the only thing that kinda put a downer on the story for me, because I felt it was a bit hokey, but other then that this book held my interest, and overall was a great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Long Way Home.

08/24/2012 page 76