Brenda's Reviews > The ABC Murders

Aug 26, 12

bookshelves: mystery-thriller-suspense
Read from August 22 to 24, 2012

THE "A" BOOK
One of my more recent goals is to read books in alphabetical order by December. I thought it was fitting to start my rather OCish goal with Agatha Christie's The ABC Murders. I had read it years ago. I couldn't remember who was the villain.

Our hero in The ABC Murders is Hercule Poirot, a brilliant Belgian private detective living in England. His friend Arthur Hastings has just arrived in England when Poirot reveals a mysterious letter. The police believe that it is just a prank. Then a poor store clerk ends up dead. It appears that someone is going to kill alphabetical, mocking both Poirot and the police in letters that arrived before the crime.

I liked it. Hercule Poirot is my favorite private eye. He is brilliant but he knows it. He's a little vain. I think if someone implies that they are better than him because he is foreigner, he has to show them up a little. He's also a very nice man dispite some minor flaws. I think he tries to help people and not just by solving the crime.

I am considering buying the BBC version of the ABC Murders with David Suchet I liked it so much to see how it plays out on the screen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The ABC Murders.

08/22/2012 page 49
24.0% "The B murder!!! It occurs to me if you were evil and were murdering people alphabetically use a weapon B-bees, C- Car. Then I think gee Im glad my parents were good because I could be a scary person."